Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lonely



It's very hard this loneliness, 
I sometimes sit and cry
Are there no matches for my love,
will someone tell me why?

I've always seen the good in others
but I never felt true worth
And there were many times I cried,
for others on this earth

I have my friends and families love
but my need seems greater than this
I need to find my soulmate
for that intimate hug and kiss

I need to see those loving eyes
that see my soul laid bare
And find that place where dreams come true
and all we have we share

I felt like giving up today,
that life was just a joke
I was drowning in my own despair,
it was then the spirit spoke

'I saw you looking in the mirror
with sadness and rejection
You thought the years had not been kind,
but I could see perfection'

'You thought your life was meaningless,
and your climb would not set you free
Yet you've overcome all the obstacles
and the mountain you've climbed was to me'

Now gaze into the mirror and see past those eyes
to the place where most people hide
Hold your head high and let your love shine
and others will come to your side

Your soul mate is the same as you,
their worth they cannot see
Give some love back to yourself
and be all that you can be

Those who love do not take
and they will never leave
They always put your happiness first,
for in love they do believe

If you have heard what I have said
and know that it is true
Hide no more in that lonely place,
your soul mate waits for you

No comments: