Saturday, May 25, 2013

Love

Love

What is this thing that we call love
Was it placed in the heart from someone above?

Did it come with my soul when I entered this place
Is it shown with a smile or a tear on the face?

Or like a seed that we have to nurture through the years
We give it our warmth and water it with tears

And as the love grows we become dreamers and fools
For the ones who have no love and use different rules

But we carry on we have no choice
Unable to deny our inner voice

Some find wisdom and some build a wall
And some just give up and wait for the call

If we follow our path which is pure and is true
Someday you will find me and I will find you

With no more to be asked and our spirits set free
We will know love for it binds you and me

©HW Hodgetts 2006 All right reserved

No comments: