Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Gift of Friendship by Ann Marie


Running to you once again
With big tears in my eyes
You pull me close in a brotherly hug
And just let me cry

Offering me a haven
In my time of need
Means so very much more
Then you could ever see

Your friendship is the greatest gift
It abides with me always
Just knowing that you are around
Gives me the courage to stay

The smiles that you send my way
The looks that say you care
Help me through the hardest days
In a world that?s so unfair

You must think I?m crazy
Every time that I complain
That ?Someone? is being stupid
Or causing me more pain

But you have stayed right with me
I know you?ve always tried
To help me face the honest truth
When I just wanted to hide

So love and hugs I send to you
Across the many miles
And hope that I, in turn, can be
A friend that brings you smiles...

No comments: