Sunday, June 9, 2013

Some thoughts to ponder.....by different writers...


Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as you mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve. -Mary Kay Ash
  •  are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from. - Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. - Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. Rossiter Worthington Raymond
  • What is lovely never dies, But passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air. Thomas Bailey Aldrich
  • When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. Kahlil Gibran
  • You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. Jan Glidewell
  • Why is it that people come into our lives? When I met (name) I was (description) and his/her (special characteristic) and friendship made my life more complete. I am a better person for it!
  • I will miss you more than words can say. You have been an important part of my life.
  • I am sorry that I hadn't got to tell you how much I loved you - it was difficult for me. Now that you are free to fly with the angels, I hope you will look back and know how important you are to me.
  • Your time was so brief it was our fortune to be so blessed.
  • What I feel right now is so hard to put into words.
  • If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again. - Author Unknown
  • Gone yet not forgotten, although we are apart, your spirit lives within me, forever in my heart. - Author Unknown
  • May you find comfort in the arms of an angel.
  • If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.
  • Real love stories never end.
  • I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new, I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence I often speak your name, all I have are memories and your picture in a frame. Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part. - Uknown
  • When you speak of him/her speak not with tears for thoughts of him/her should not be sad. Let memories of the times you shared give you comfort for his/her life was rich because of you. - Author Unknown


  • Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you. I loved you so - T'was heaven here with you. - Isla Paschal Richardson
  • Time is so old and love so brief, love is pure gold and time a thief. We're late, darling, we're late, The curtain descends, everything ends, too soon, too soon. - Ogden Nash
  • As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us, as long as I can, I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us. - Author Unknown 
  • Your dexterous wit will haunt us long, Wounding our grief with yesterday, Your laughter is a broken song; And death has found you, kind and gay. We may forget those transient things, That made your charm and our delight, But loyal love has deathless wings, That rise and triumph out of the night. So, in the days to come, your name, Shall be as music that ascends, When honour turns a heart from shame…O heart of hearts! O friends of friends! - Siegfried Sassoon
  • Come to me in my dreams, and then by day I shall be well again! For then the night will more than pay the hopeless longing of the day. - Matthew Arnold
  • In love longing I listen to the monk's bell. I will never forget you even for an interval short as those between the bell notes. - Izumi Shikibu
  • Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson 
  • The love that I have is all that I have, And the life that I have is yours. The love that I have of the life that I have is yours and yours and yours. A sleep I shall have, A rest I shall have, yet death will be but a pause, For the peace of my years in the long green grass will be yours and yours and yours. - Leo Marks 
“The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek therefore, not to find out Who You Are, but seek to determine Who You Want to Be.” 
― Neale Donald Walsc


Life is messy, it’s painful, it’s tiring, but that is only the bad. In the good parts of life it is funny, beautiful, smile inducing, inspiring, it’s happy. We have to get through the bad to savor each taste of the good. We have to keep trying, even when we just want to give up. We have to be the backup generator in our lives when the lights stop working and we find ourselves in the dark.
~Acoustic Imagery

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
- Thomas Paine









No comments: